Legal Parent/Legal Guardian Family Portal Guidelines for Account Access DOWNLOAD an Application - If you experience difficulty printing from the web interface scroll to the bottom of this page to download a PDF version of the family portal application.
To assist parents/guardians in monitoring their children’s progress, enhance communication with
parents, and further promote educational excellence, the Manchester School District is pleased to
provide access to student records through the Aspen Family Portal. With the Aspen Family Portal,
legal parents/legal guardians will have access to student attendance, schedules and grades. Parents of
Middle and High School students will also be able to see assignments from the gradebook.
Parents/guardians may login anytime from anywhere they have a secure internet connection and may
see current information about their children. Most importantly, the Aspen Family Portal makes legal
parents/legal guardians partners in their children’s education.
The district’s goal in providing this service is to promote educational excellence by facilitating
resource sharing, innovation, and communication between the Manchester School District and parents.
Listed below are the guidelines to follow for account access. If any user violates these provisions,
access to the Aspen Family Portal may be denied.
- Privileges. The online access to the information is a privilege, not a right, and inappropriate use may result in a cancellation of access to the Aspen Family Portal. Legal parents/legal guardians shall be expected to act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner. The administration, staff or faculty of the Manchester School District may request that the system administrator deny, revoke, or suspend a specific user account for any use deemed inappropriate.
- Services. The Manchester School District makes no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, for the service it is providing. The Manchester School District shall not be responsible for any damages suffered while on the system, including loss of data as a result of delays, non-deliveries, unauthorized third party access to your account, misdeliveries or service interruptions caused by the system or errors or omissions. Use of any information obtained via the Aspen Family Portal is at your own risk. The Manchester School District specifically disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy of information obtained through its services. The Manchester School District computer system is frequently monitored to ensure that it is free of viruses.
- Security. Parents shall not share their user account or password with anyone. Security on any computer system is a high priority because there are so many users. If you identify a security problem, notify the system administrator at once by email to email@example.com. Never demonstrate the problem to other users. Never use another individual’s account. For you and your children’s protection, do not save your username or password on any computer. Passwords will expire periodically.
Security Features of the Family Portal:
Once the completed application has been received and verified, you will be required to return to the school to pick up your username and password on a date provided by the school. Initially, you will have the opportunity to log on at school and view some basic instructions during that
evening. After the initial rollout, acquiring your username and password may not be followed up by a demonstration but information will be available to you for your convenience.
All attempts at logging into the system are recorded and monitored, and a full audit trail is tracked on sensitive data.
You will be automatically logged off if you are INACTIVE for more than 10 minutes.
Once you have set up your password recovery preferences, if you forget your password, click on the ‘I Forgot my Password’ link on the login screen. This will regenerate a new password for you and send it to your registered email account.
Three unsuccessful log-in attempts will disable the Family Portal account. In order to use the Family Portal again, parents will need to contact the school district’s Technology Resource Center by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to have the account reactivated from
your registered email account. When addressing the email, please remember to include your child’s name in the subject line.
**Please note: The Manchester School District cannot provide any technical support other than help
with login issues.
The Manchester School District expects all users of the Aspen Family Portal to:
- Respect the rights and property of others and will not improperly access, misappropriate or misuse the files, data, or information. Any user identified as a security risk or having a history of misuse of other computer systems may be denied access to the Aspen Family Portal.
- Keep all accounts and passwords confidential and not accessible to unauthorized third parties, including sharing them with your children.
- Prevent your computer from remembering passwords when using the Aspen Family Portal.
- Log-off your account and not leave your account open or unattended.
- Make back-up copies of the documents critical to you.
- Take precautions to prevent viruses and/or unauthorized access on your own equipment.
- Avoid downloading copyrighted material, which is illegal and is prohibited.
- Remember that your Aspen Family Portal is active as long as you have a child attending the Manchester School District. Once your child has withdrawn from the District, your account is no longer valid.
- Provide a valid application form for each child enrolled at the Manchester School District.
- Inform the Manchester School District of any changes of your custodial rights of any children you have that attend the Manchester School District.